What is Docker Compose?
- Compose is a tool for defining and running multi-container Docker applications.
- With Compose, you use a Compose file to configure your application’s services. Then, using a single command, you create and start all the services from your configuration
- Compose is great for development, testing, and staging environments, as well as CI workflows
Docker compose manages ServicesDocker compose commands helps to
- Start, stop and rebuild services
- View the status, logs of running services
Docker as CI?
- An important part of any Continuous Deployment or Continuous Integration process is the automated test suite. Automated end-to-end testing requires an environment in which to run tests.
- Compose provides a convenient way to create and destroy isolated testing environments for your test suite using compose file
What is Compose files?Docker compose file is like a configuration file, where you define all the different stuffs we perform on command line (via powershell) into an file. But you can do more than what you do in command line as well The file is basically an Yaml file (.yml)
Here are the complete videos of the above discussion An Introduction to Docker Compose Working with multiple containers using Docker compose Thanks for reading the post and watching the video!!! Please leave your comments and let me know if there is anything I should update in this post. Thanks, Karthik KK
2 Replies to “Understanding and working with Docker compose”
Well Written post, You are very Skilled blogger. Thanks a lot for Sharing worthable information.
I’m facing the following error while writing the yml file. Can anyone please help me with it?
tushar@l-tushar:~/Documents/Dockers/wordpress$ docker-compose up
ERROR: In file ‘./docker-compose.yml’ service ‘MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD’ doesn’t have any configuration options. All top level keys in your docker-compose.yml must map to a dictionary of configuration options.