Test Case Migrator Plus tool allows test related artifacts, present in Excel and MHT/Word formats, to be imported into Team Foundation Server. It works with both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 11 (Beta).
The tool contains 2 workflows, the Excel based workflow and the MHT/doc workflow, each of which is described below:
Excel based workflow:
- Migrates Test case information (along with Test Steps) present in Excel into Team Foundation Server – This is a ONE way migration only.
- Migrates work items belonging to Requirement/User story and Bug work item types present in Microsoft Excel into Team Foundation Server – This is a ONE way migration only.
- Supports multi-pass migration process – i.e., each work item type has to be migrated in a different invocation/session of the tool.
- Maintains links between work item types (Parent/Child, Related, Tested By, Tests etc) across multiple passes.
- Provides ability to create Test suites for a test case work item type.
- Provides a wizard based UI to run the tool one Excel file in a single run.
MHT/Doc based workflow:
- Migrates Visual Studio 2005/2008 manual test templates present in MHT/doc formats into Team Foundation Server – This also is ONE way migration only.
- Provides a wizard based UI to run the tool iterating over multiple MHT/Doc files within a folder in a single run.
Capabilities common to both Excel and MHT/doc workflows:
- Provides a command line support to run the tool in a batch mode.
- Allows you to save your selections/configurations into a settings/mappings file to be reused later.
- Default settings/mapping file that works across AGILE, CMMI and SCRUM based projects is shipped along with the tool.
These capabilities allow you to reap all the benefits associated with Test Case Management (requirements traceability, test coverage, requirements coverage, test execution, test result analysis etc) present in Visual Studio 2010 / Visual Studio 11 (Beta) post migration.
For more information and download,checkout the link from here