IntroductionBDD – Behavioral Driven Development is based on Test Driven Development (TDD) and it aims to bridge the gap between Business analyst and developers. BDD not only bridges the gap between business analyst and developers but also between
- Manual QA with Automation testers (who write BDD)
- Manual QA with Developers
BDD Supported toolsThere are many tools available to support BDD, some most famous tools are
- Gherkin is the format for Cucumber specification.
- It is a business readable, Domain specific language which will let anybody to understand the software behavior easily (effortlessly), since they are PLAIN TEXT.
- Gherkin has some spaces and indentation to define structure.
- Gherkin has very few syntax which make the parser (the tool which uses Gherkin) to behave based on the structure.
- The syntax of Gherkin is very simple and are pretty readable as plain text
Gherkin SyntaxHere are few syntax of Gherkin
- Scenario outline
- Scenario Templates
Here is the complete video of the above discussion Thanks for reading the post and watching the video!!! Please leave your comments and let me know if there is anything I should update in this post. Thanks, Karthik KK